What are the side effects of Depo-Provera?
Most likely the menstrual irregularity you have is due to the depo shot.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
In which month you took the Depo shot? When it is stopped usually it does not lose its effect in 12-16 weeks’ time period. The effect can last longer because the microcrystals of depot injection sometimes dissolve very slowly. So it can cause menstrual irregularity, heavy bleeding, spotting etc.
Menstrual irregularity that you have is most likely due to depo shot. It should settle in 1-2 months. Each day red blood that you are seeing now is in all probability beginning of the next cycle and this is normal.
It is very unlikely that the brown spotting that you are having is due to pregnancy. If you do not get a normal period flow in 3-4 days you may do a pregnancy test. I definitely do not think you could be pregnant. But to be 100% sure, you need to do pregnancy test. This will give you much needed peace of mind.
I hope I have answered your concerns. If you have any further queries, do contact me through Healthcare Magic. I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of depo-provera
- Dark blood and depo provera side effects
- Side effects of on depo provera injection
- Depo provera side effects asthma
- Depo provera emotional side effects
- Depo provera side effects neurological
- Depo provera side effects acne
- Depo provera side effects goiter
- What are the side effects of using depo provera
- Depo provera side effect nosebleed
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?