question-icon

What are the side effects of Dependal M tablet?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jan 2015
Question: Hi
I just had an dependal m tablet which is expired in XXXXXXX 2014.will there be any side effects??
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
unlikely to be present

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

Dependal-M contains Metronidazole & Furazolidone. Drug taken after date of expiry will not have the desired effects, which is more important than causing any side effects. The active ingredients in the medicine would lose their potency and efficacy after the date of expiry. Hence, you cannot expect to have any effects from the medicine including the side effects.

Any adverse effect even if likely to occur is uncertain and even then it will pass off. Mostly minor side effects like dizziness, headache, vomiting, nausea and malaise occur.

However, one should check the date of expiry before administration of drugs particularly injectables.

Hope this answers your query.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas