What are the side effects of Ciprofloxacin?
culture specific anti biotics
If you are breastfeeding your toddler, I suggest you stop taking ciprofloxacin.
Klebsiella can be quite difficult to eradicate, and if required, you should be started on IV antibiotics such as Inj. Cefoperazone and Sulbactam, available as Magnex, up to 1.5gm twice daily till you get relief, usually in 5-7 days. You can follow with low dose long term antibiotics such as cephalexin 250mg once daily at bedtime for 2-3 months before discontinuing altogether.
This can be supplemented with a drug like darifenacin 7.5mg once daily which will reduce urinary frequency and urgency, along with an oral citra-alka syrup to help improve the eradication of bacteria.
Also, please take plenty of oral fluids. It might not be a good idea to feed your child at this time, though.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ciprofloxacin hcl side effects
- Ciprofloxacin 500 side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects impotence
- Ciprofloxacin uses and side effects
- What are the side effects of ciprofloxacin in 5% dextrose?
- Ciprofloxacin mental side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects on tendons
- Ciprofloxacin side effects in men
- What are the side effects of ciprofloxacin and hydrocortisone otic?
- Side effects of taking ciprofloxacin