What are the side effects of Celebrex?
My husband has been on it for aprox eight years and now he has blood on his urine and the urineoglist said the Celebrex was causing he has been off of it for two weeks and nothing has changed he doesn't have any energy and feel bad all the time. Should I take back to his urinoligst. Or see his prime care doctor ?
Please help he's 65
celebrex long term use may cause such symptoms
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. Celecoxib use discontinued from last 2 weeks should get the drug out of system as half life of elimination is 11 hours.
Slight traces still coming in urine could be due to three reason.
1. Long term use of Celecoxib.
2. Large volume of distribution of the drug which is 400 Litres.
3. Strong albumin binding abilities. (97%) is bound to albumin.
4.old age related decreased renal and hepatic clearance.
Nutshell seek a primary doctor and let them sort it out. Cox 2 inhibitors like celebrex could cause these hematuria symptoms and indicate a renal followup and strict care of renal functions.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sexual side effects of celebrex
- Unusual side effects with celebrex
- Rare side effects with celebrex
- Celebrex side effects fatigue
- Celebrex uses and side effects
- Celebrex side effects kidney
- Mental side effects of celebrex
- Celebrex side effects stomach
- Celebrex benefits and side effects
- Adverse side effects of celebrex