What are the side effects of Caverta?

Nephrologist
Question
Dear Doctor,
I am 42 years , last 12 years suffering from Diabetics and now have diagnosed with BP also. Regularly taking medicine as prescribed by the doctor. My Married sex life is Good and happy. We both enjoy sex and in here absence I used to masturbate 2-3 times. Now nearly a month passed sometimes after I get aroused and fully erect . I feel that i can't keep an erection firm enough and sometimes its normal. Recently a month back I heard about Ranbaxy Caverta. I purchased caverta 100Mg with out any doctors advice and had it three days consequently and had sex. It was wonderful and enjoyed a lot. The erection was wonderful and gave me good time for ejaculation. I don't drink or smoke but daily i used to chew tabacoo.
Dear Doctor,
My medicine details are
( METFORMIN 1MG TWICE A DAY
GLIMEPRIDE 10 MG ONCE A DAY
RAMPRIL 10MG ONCE A DAY
NATRALIX SR ONCE A DAY
ASTROVAS 10 MG ONCE A DAY
Is this a symptom of Erectile Dysfucnction. if so what to do?
Can I take Caverta as and when required is there any side effects ?
My sperm quantity is also very less compared to earlier days
Any other mediacation.
Please advice
Thanking You
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Erectile dysfunction

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Erectile dysfunction is common in middle aged males especially if they are diabetic. Here are my following suggestions

1. You can take tab Caverta however 100mg is a very high dose. I recommend that you start with a smaller dose like 25 mg after completely getting evaluated by a doctor.
2. common side effects are headaches, diarrhea, dyspepsia.
3. I also suggest you to exercise daily, stop tobacco and most importantly eat a health diet
4 . Yoga and meditation is something I recommend to all my patients, it not only helps with erectile dysfunction but also brings down blood pressure

I hope I was of help, please get back to me for any information you need

regards

Follow-up: What are the side effects of Caverta? 44 minutes later
Dear Doctor
If I take caverta once in month will there any side effect to sexual organs. Please advice Is it mandatory to see a Doctor or should I take Caverta 25 Mg as and when required
Please Advice...

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back

Using Caverta once a month will not cause long term side effects.
It is a prescription drug, since you are a diabetic and a hypertensive I strongly suggest you get an echo and an ECG done before using this drug.

regards

Follow-up: What are the side effects of Caverta? 7 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

In the month of July I had an full body check up. ECG was normal and carried out TMT also Every thing was under control. only my blood sugar level was high. Could you please suggest any other medicine in lieu of caverta and medicines for general well being and to maintain an erection. Iam doing exercise daily. one more thing I would like to know what is Renerve plus as my doctor advised to have 30 tabs . why is it used for. .Could u please explain taking caverta what will be the long time side effects will it harm my erection in later stage. Please advice
Thanking you
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can take Caverta

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back with details

I shall answer your questions in points so that I dont miss anything

1. It is excellent to know that you have got your full body check up dont recently, if nothing is wrong then please go ahead and use Caverta. It is the only drug that can be used for erectile dysfunction which works so beautifully. The other alternatives are tadalafil and vardenafil. But please continue with Caverta. For general well being your doctor has already prescribed renerve plus, continue taking that. I also recommend that you take cap becosules. Please get your Vit D levels checked, most indians are deficient in it and require replacement.

2. Renerve plus is a multivitamin, usually given in long standing diabetics for protection of the nerves. It usually started when patients complain of tingling sensation of the toes

3. There is no long term side effects if it is used once a month. It is a safe drug which will get eliminated from your system soon. It will not harm your erection later in life. Many of my patients use it and have a very nice sex life. Please dont use it more than twice a week.

I hope I answered your questions well and to your expectations