What are the side effects of Antabuse?
Does antabuse increase the side effects of cocaine? I took 50 mg antabuse yesterday, and ended up with a heart rate of 130 bpm when sitting down and relaxed. I had taken 60 mg in 3 doses of synthacaine during the day.
Could there be a relationship between antabuse and my heart rate and the synthacaine?
I have been taking synthacaine before but never experienced elevated heart rate and have been well.
possible drug interaction.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
I can understand your concerns.
Antabuse (Disulfiram) can possibly increase the levels of cocaine (unkown mechanisms; may be due inhibition of drug metabolizing enzymes).
This can cause tachycardia or increased heart rate.
This interaction might have increased your heart rate.
Hope this answers your query satisfactorily.
Feel free to discuss further.
Kindly close the discussion if you have no more queries and give your valuable feedback.
cocaine is primarily metabolised in liver
Cocaine is metabolised by CYP450 in liver.
Disulfiram inhibits CYP450 thus inhibiting the metabolism of cocaine.
This might raise the levels of cocaine.
Hope this clears your doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats the side effects of ipills
- What is the side effect of piles
- Is severe stomach pain a side effect of antabuse?
- Is mood or mental changes a side effect of antabuse?
- What are the side effects of thiapril
- What are the side effects of dianabol
- Disulfiram antabuse side effects
- Side effects of antabuse
- What are the side effects of tripide
- What is biofenac and side effects