What are the side effects of Anastrozole?
My Mom got breast Cancer in May,14.
She was treated with Surgery,Chemo and Radiotherapy.
Now she is taking medicine Altraz(Alkem Laboratories Ltd).
She is having itching in the body.
She is having white patches on the legs.
Can that be due to Anastrazole ?
What can be the reason and preferable solution.
Liver function test advised
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Itching in body parts can be due to anastrozole and also due to liver problems as delayed effect of chemotherapy.
So first get a liver function test done viz liver enzymes and bilirubin levels.
Till then give her tablet cetrizine twice a day for symptomatic relief from itching.
In case tests are normal then nothing to worry and this itching will be fine soon.
The white patches are unrelated to the drug most likely but can increase eventually so she needs a dermatologist examination.
Certain patients are very sensitive to radiotherapy and thus can develop such lesions post therapy but it is seen in immediate 6 months post radiotherapy and not this delayed.
Her treatment ended up in XXXXXXX this year.
Within 6 months, these white patches started to appear.
Dermatologist said this is due to chemo and radiotherapy.
No active treatment needed
Yes then it is coinciting with the chronology as I told you and thus no active treatment is needed but in case she wants cosmetic results then she can try local psoralen application followed by sun exposure after discussion with your oncologist.
It is a simple slow and common treatment so will definitely help her.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the side effects of anastrozole?
- Is dizziness, severe a side effect of anastrozole?
- Is blurred vision a side effect of anastrozole?
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of anastrozole?
- Side effects of anastrozole
- Arimidex side effects anastrozole
- Is sore throat a side effect of anastrozole?
- Is fever or chills a side effect of anastrozole?
- Anastrozole 1mg side effects
- Is pounding in the ears a side effect of anastrozole?
- How to get pregnant in old age?
- Does taking I-pill affect future pregnancy?
- Suggest home remedies for anemia
- Do I need to use contraceptives after a tubectomy?
- What does these ultrasound of cervix indicate?
- What is a complex ovarian cyst?
- Suggest treatment for swelling in clitoris due to an UTI
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and severe depression
- Does non-penetrative sex lead to pregnancy?
- What do small cluster of yellow spots near the vagina indicate?