What are the side effects of 3 doses of Carbidopa/Levodopa?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Thank you. What could be the possible side effects for a patient receiving 3 doses of Carbo/Levo 25-100 within a 5 hour period? She would typically receive 2 doses within a 4 hour period.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
dizziness, nausea, perhaps no side effects

Detailed Answer:
This is a fairly low dose of Carbidopa/levodopa so it is possible that there would be no adverse side effects from taking one extra dose. It could cause nausea or dizziness or even a drop in blood pressure.
Make sure that you drink plenty of water and eat regularly to counteract the effects of the extra dose. Call your doctor if you experience any serous dizziness or chest pain.
With such a low dose you will probably not have an serious side effects.
Take care and just try to use a box or other means to make sure you don't take extra doses in the future.
Good day to you,
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson