What are the side effect of duzela 20mg?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: tell me the side effect of Duzela 20mg lablets
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 51 minutes later

Thanks for writing your query.

Duzela contains Duloxetine which is a serotonin norephinephrine reuptake inhibitor and is used mostly for depression, anxiety and to treat nerve pain in diabetes. Some benefit although not confirmed is also seen in urinary incontinence.

Side effects of Duzela are many including following:-
Dizziness
Drowsiness
Nausea/vomiting
Dryness in mouth
Alteration in bowel movement
Pain in the stomach
Dark coloured urine
Yellowness in eyes
Tiredness

You should consult your treating doctor as he can judge the ratio of benefit over side effects (risk reward ratio) and can plan your dosage and treatment.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further queries, I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. R.A. Singh 2 days later
Thanks for your answer

I have one more question regarding dipression and anxeity tables

since five years I have been having dipression and anxeity tablets (Nexito 10, Fluvoxin 100 mg, Milnage, maxigline and so on), my question is whether these type medication is addictive and without these I can't be even one day aslo. So I am very unhappy my life.. please guide me
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for your response.

The medicines you have described are all psychiatry medicines. These medicines are taken for long duration and should not be stopped without tapering and without medical advice. As they cause some chemical changes in the body, it is slightly difficult to stop them abruptly as it can result in withdrawal symptoms, so it seems to the patient that they are addictive.

I would suggest you that you should discuss either with your treating doctor or with a good Psychiatrist for the continuity of so many medicines.

Also, have a positive approach towards life. Do yoga and meditation. Consult a behavior therapist for guidance that can be helpful to you.

Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E