What are the risks involved with a RASPA procedure?
SHE IS 38 YRS OLD, A VIRGIN, DONT KNOW IF ANY BLOOD WORK HAS BEEN DONE, HAS BEEN BLEEDING FOR A MONTH, NO INSURANCE, BUT IS SCARED STIFF...WHAT ARE THE RISKS?
Thanks for the query
RASPA procedure or otherwise called dilatation and curettage is a fairly simple procedure which will be done under a local or a regional anesthesia.
This procedure has both diagnostic and therapeutic importance. But in your girlfriend's case it is a therapeutic procedure done to stop bleeding.
A small curette will be taken and the lining of the uterus will be scraped off after dilating her cervix. This will help her to stop bleeding
1. It is a fairly simple procedure and usually has not complications
2. Excessive curreting can perforate her uterus but this almost never occurs these days
3. Her periods might become irregular for the first month
4. If she is a virgin then she will lose her hymen
5. Lower abdominal pain will be present for 2 days which can be easily tackled by medicines
These are the things you can expect from RASPA procedure. If you have more queries regarding it then please do reply.
I wish you and your girlfriend good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the risk involved with hcg drops
- What is raspa procedure
- What is endoscopy and the procedures involved
- What are risks involved with balloon rhinoplasty
- What risks involved taking oxyelite pro with fluoxetine
- Raspa procedure
- What are procedures involved in ivf
- What is involved in the surgical procedure for dialysis
- What are the risks involved with a raspa procedure
- What are the risks involved in lasik eye surgery
- Blood test showing abnormal WBCs, neutrophils, lymphocytes, alkaline...
- Sperm test found to have very severe oligoteratozoo with severe...
- Pain in back. Is cold the cause & what medication?
- Advised for gall bladder, hydrosil and prostrate gland enlargement...
- Dizziness, pressure in ears and noise while swallowing after child...
- Blurred vision, pain & dry eyes,flashing lights in eye, menopausal &...
- Old and out of shape. Heart rate races after strenuous exercise. Use a...
- My urine really stinks. Why would this happen?
- Pain in the head, pulsing sound in ears, back pain. Serious issue?
- Sore and achy around heart. Fluctuates throughout the day. Why would...