• question-icon

What are the risks associated by having intercourse with transsexual women?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Good afternoon, I am planning to have sex with a Transsexual woman and we both agree to use condoms. However, I listened that there may be other severe risk by having sex with a transsexual woman. I want to minimize as much as possible. Many thanks.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Here are my suggestions sir, please be safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Here are my recommendations sir:

+Make sure you use a condom
+Change the condom after 2-3 minutes of penetration; but guessing from what you said about her also wearing a condom, I think she has not undergone a sex-change operation and still has her penis? If so, please also make sure this person changes her condom at regular intervals
+Make sure she does not provide you with oral sex
+Do not go down on her (do not provide her with oral sex)
+Make sure there is no mouth to genital contact (direct or indirect)
+Make sure there is no direct genital to genital contact even if it is just dry humping (rubbing of genitals together)
+Check with the woman about her sexual health, and also look for any sores around the mouth and genital region; if present, avoid contact completely
+If anal intercourse is being considered, then please make sure a lubrication is used to allow easy penetration and prevent damage of the condom you are wearing; and it also goes without saying, no anal penetration without a condom

I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan