What are the risk of HIV transmission after oral sex?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I go to masage girl he take my penis her mouth few second i discharge out side I dont contact her privetparts i need hiv taste or no..
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIV Transmission risk through oral sex is low.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
First of all, that massage girl is not necessarily an HIV infected person.
Saliva is not infectious unless it is contaminated with blood of the infected individual.
Moreover, the risk of HIV transmission through oral sex is low as per CDC XXXXXXX of USA when compared to transfusion of infected blood, sharing of needles, anal sex and vaginal intercourse.
So the chance of getting HIV through your above said activity is remote only.
But there is no harm in testing for HIV and rule out the least possibility. That will relieve unnecessary tension in the long run.
Dr S.Murugan