What are the repercussions of taking Oxycodone, Cymbalta and Ativan together?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: Took 60mg of Oxycodone 6 hours ago, 60mg of Cymbalta 8 hours ago and 1.5mg of Ativan 30 minutes ago. Am I going to overdose and die? I know I have a drug problem and I want help but I can't get to a hospital tonight and I am almost positive I am going to overdose and I'm having a terrible panic attack and don't know what to do! please help!
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

You will not overdose nor die from this combination of medications. You may feel sleepy and tired for the next 24 hours. You clearly need inpatient drug rehab for addiction. I would seek this out as soon as possible. But you are medically safe for now.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 16 minutes later
I am feeling super sleepy right now, should I stay up or go to sleep? I'm just afraid I will die in my sleep because I quit breathing or have a heart attack
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
You will not die from this, as I explained above. It is fine to sleep.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 8 days later
so I took 40mg of Oxycodone 4 hours ago and 1mg of Ativan 30mins ago and 60mg of Cymbalta just now. I feel sick to my stomach and feel really tired, would it be safe to go to sleep no or should I stay up until 8 hours after taking the Oxycodone?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
You will not overdose nor die from this combination of medications. You may feel sleepy and tired for the next 24 hours, but it is safe to sleep. You clearly need inpatient drug rehab for addiction. I would seek this out as soon as possible. But you are medically safe for now.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj