What are the repercussions of swallowing a plastic piece of fork?
I think it will pass in stool itself in few days
Hello. Thanks for putting your query in hcm
I dont think plastic fork piece will harm in any way. It will pass in stool with in 7 days. In case there is associated symptoms like difficulty in swallowing or abdominal pain as you said abdominal cramps, get an endoscooy examination and during endoscopy only, part of the fork can be removed if it is still in oesophagus stomach or duodenum
However if there is no symptoms there ia nothing to worry as it will pass spontaneously especially if it is small in size
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Wish you a good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I swallowed a piece of plastic wrapping
- Remedy swallow piece plastic
- Is it bad to swallow a piece of plastic paper
- Side effects swallowed piece of plastic
- Baby swallowed piece of plastic wrapper
- Swallow piece of plastic
- Swallow plastic piece and vomiting
- Swallowed a dime size piece of plastic
- Swallow small piece of plastic
- Swallowed a piece of plastic fork will that be okay
- Ultrasound showing Liver Cirrhosis. Endoscopy showed duodenal ulcers....
- Able to lead life with prolapsed rectum. Could I postpone the surgery?
- Had gastroendoscopy. Report states polyp in proximal third of esophagus...
- Blood work shows elevated ALT levels. What does it indicate?
- What could be the reason for bloating after eating?
- What does echogenic debris in a liver cyst mean?
- Facing weight loss, loss of appetite, stomach pain and constipation....
- Taking probiotics for nausea and constipation. Having dark loose stools....
- Prescribed with rabeprazole for stomach hernia and gastritis. What are...
- Child swallowed tooth. What could be done?