question-icon

What are the repercussions of overdosing on Losartan?

Posted on Mon, 9 May 2016
Question: I take 50mg of Losartan once a day. This morning I took one and forgot and took another at 8PM. Will this cause anything.
I am not on any other medications except Crestor and 1.5 Xanax at night which I thought I was taking should I skip the Xanax?
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It shouldn't be of any concern

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

Generally taking an additional dose of losartan should not have any major impact. It should just pass off.

You need to check your BP if you have giddiness or weakness, otherwise nothing needs to be done. Hope you have self monitoring device for BP, if so check your BP before Xanax dose in night.

If pressure is above 120/80 mm Hg you can go ahead and take your medications and if its lower skip it.

Tomorrow on wards you go back to your usual routine. In case if you develop significant giddiness especially after standing you need to visit your doctor or emergency.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol

Cardiologist, Interventional