• question-icon

What are the repercussions of overdosing on Atenolol-Chlorthalidone?

Posted on Mon, 23 May 2016 in General Health
Question: I accidentally took two doses of Atenolol-Chlorthal 100-25. What should I expect
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait and watch for few hours.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

Atenolol-Chlorthal 100-25 both are blood pressure lowering drugs and accidental ingestion of overdose may lower your blood pressure.

However,2 dosages will NOT affect much to your blood pressure and heart rate ,so I will advise you to take complete rest and wait and watch for few hours.

Until then,drink plenty of water which will further help in rapid excretion of the drug from the circulation.

Check your blood pressure and heart rate every hourly with digital blood pressure monitor at home.

Also,skip your next dose and if you develop symptoms like nausea,giddiness (hypotension) or weakness or slow heart rate then it would be better to see some nearby doctor.

Otherwise there is nothing to be worried much as 2 doses of this tablet is not a dangerous dose.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Sandip Kabra