What are the repercussions of overdosing on Aspirin?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 11 Oct 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I accidently took 5 regular aspirin 325mg tablets/no caffeine thinking I grabbed the vitamin c tablets I wanted to take to ward off a cold. Should I be overly concerned about this, or start pushing fluids or something?

Okay, I'll wait for your reply. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Eat well and take omeprazole!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this accidental confusion with drugs. 5 tablets are much and the greatest fear is possible stomach pain. I will recommend you take omeprazole and eat well to protect the stomach lining. Besides, drink much water.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 minutes later
Would it be helpful to drink milk to somewhat protect the stomach?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO additional advantage.

Detailed Answer:

This is really not of any additional advantage over food. How are you feeling? Did you succeed in getting the omeprazole?

Hope to hear from you!
Hi Dr. Dita, Thank you for your answers to my questions. I am feeling fine today, thanks. I have been eating well and drinking lots of water as you suggested, and it definitely has worked! Thanks again. Brandy
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:

Glad you are feeling better. That's nice.

Always contact me when in need.