What are the repercussions of overdose of Sinarest by a child?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Child Health
Question: My baby is 3.5 months old . I just gave 1 ml of sinarest drop to her. I m worried about the overdose I have given. What should I do ?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Adverse symptoms not expected.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

The correct dose of Sinarest Drop (paracetamol 125 mg/ml) is 15 mg/kg/dose. However, paracetamol is a very safe medicine and you need not worry if the child has received slightly more dose. Nothing needs to be done. Things should be just fine.

However, in case you are still apprehensive or in case you observe any untoward symptoms, it would be a good idea to take the child to the ER of a hospital without delay.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 14 minutes later
I just read that overdose can cause liver problem. I m worried about it. As baby is just 3 months old.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Yes, but the given dose is within the tolerance range and any harm is unlikely to befall..
So stay relaxed.