What are the repercussions of leaving a tampon on for 3 days?
No need to worry if no symptoms present
Hi XXXXXXX I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Ideally the tampon should be changed every8 hours. If you have left the tampon inside vagina for 3 days, but now you have removed it, there are very low chances that any complication will occur.
If you have no complain of fever, foul smelling vaginal discharge, pain in lower abdomen, any rash, or dizziness, then there is no need to worry. Toxic shock syndrome ( due to staphylococcus bacterial infection) is one of the serious but very rare complication of tampon left inside the vagina for a long time, having the mentioned symptoms.
I would suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist as soon as possible if you are having any of these symptoms, otherwise there is no need to worry.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Wishing you good health. Please do get back for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tampon stuck inside for 3 days
- Accidentally leaving tampon in a week
- Signs of leaving a tampon in
- Leaving tampon in while peeing
- Symptoms of leaving tampon in too long
- Leaving a tampon in too long
- What is better the tampon or pad
- Tampon left in for 3 days
- What is good tampons or pads
- What causes a green tampon