What are the repercussions of leaving a tampon for long durations?
I have pain in my lower left side of my labia manora, I think it's linked to having my period, I just got off of it on Tuesday, Dec. 6th but I kept my tampon in too long on Monday, I noticed the tampon had urine onto it and I believe it was resting on that area were it hurts. There are no signs of sores appearing. The skin is tender to the touch due to the moisture that was down there (in my opinion).
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Keeping tampon for prolonged time can lead to pain, soreness and skin abrasion.
If this is the case, then you should apply antibiotic ointment like betadine to the affected area.
You can take the pain killer if pain persists.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Rule out infection
Such a lesion is unlikely to turn into any other lesion.
The vaginal swab is taken to rule out infection which can occur due to prolonged tampon insertion.
Further management should be done according to the report.
Do let me know if you've any further queries
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Keeping tampon in too long
- Tampon in too long infection
- Tampons left too long
- Accidentally leaving tampon in a week
- What happens if you keep a tampon in too long
- Signs of leaving a tampon in
- Leaving tampon in while peeing
- What to do if tampon left in too long
- Symptoms of leaving tampon in too long
- Leaving a tampon in too long