What are the repercussions of inhaling Harpic toilet cleaner?
Please breathe in fresh open air for some time and wear loose clothing
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Harpic contains hydrochloric acid as one of its components. Fumes from harpic are diluted in air and rarely cause irritation of the air way and lungs. There is no risk or danger from inhalation of harpic in domestic surroundings.
2. If you have inhaled harpic then please breathe in fresh open air for some time for about an hour or two and wear loose clothing. This will make you feel comfortable. You might have a coughing sensation due to irritation of air way. If you are coughing then it will likely subside by itself.
3. If cough and air way irritation persists then please take one tablet of cetirizine 10 mg once and this will reduce irritation and make you feel better. It is an anti allergy medicine and will reduce any allergy caused by the fumes.
If there is severe breathing discomfort then please go to the hospital urgently.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swallowed harpic toilet cleaner
- Harpic toilet cleaner ingested
- Harpic toilet cleaner poisoning
- Harpic toilet cleaner toxic
- Harpic toilet cleaner
- What happens when harpic toilet cleaner is consumed
- Harpic toilet cleaner ingredients
- I drink harpic toilet cleaner what will happen
- Harpic toilet cleaner formulation
- What to do if drink harpic toilet cleaner by mistake
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...