What are the repercussions of ingesting high doses of Naproxen?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Drug Abuse
Question: i took 6000 mg of naproxen, what will it do to me realistically? im just drowsy at the moment but i really don't want to go to the hospital.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question to HCM.

You need to visit an emergency room immediately. Taking this much Naproxen puts you in serious danger of internal bleeding. This is a serious matter that needs immediate medical attention. Go to an ER.

Dr. Sheppe
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 8 minutes later
would it be possible to go to the ER and not have to do the charcoal?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
You may need activated charcoal to prevent internal bleeding. This is up to the clinicians at the ER.

Dr. Sheppe