What are the repercussions of eating under cooked chicken?
Chances are less but please watch for any symptoms over three days
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. The chicken in the picture looks cooked but if you have taken bites and found it raw then it might be slightly undercooked from inside.
2. Any ways please do not get worried about getting salmonella infection because everyone eating under cooked chicken will not get t hold e illness. Besides, if food hygiene is maintained at the source of chicken supply then the chances of getting salmonella infection is less.
3. Salmonella infection can cause symptoms any time from 8 to 72 hours after consuming the contaminated food. Therefore is suggested that you report any symptoms of illness like pain in abdomen, vomiting, diarrhea, fever or any uncomfortable feeling in the coming three days and get evaluated clinically. After three days, it is uncommon to get symptoms from consumption of contaminatef foods.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats the result of eating chicken frequently
- What to eat when children have chicken pox
- Under cooked rice and stomach pain
- Is eating unwashed cooked rice bad
- What happens eat chicken while suffering fever
- Cooking chicken breasts on a cuisinart griddler
- Habit of eating rice without cooking
- Itchy hands when contact with cooked chicken reason
- What to eat during chicken pox
- Dont eat cooked pistasios