What are the repercussions of consuming whiskey 6 hours after hepatitis-B vaccination?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi doc, i had my second dose of hepatitis b vaccine today. They person injecting the vaccing asked me not to eat nonveg or drink alcohol for 24 hours. After a few hours i forgot about it and after around 6 hours of the vaccinayion, had approximately half a peg of neat whiskey. Is this going to affect the impact of the vaccine in any way. Is there a need to worry?
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic,

Alcohol has no drug interaction with hepatitis B vaccine,it will not impact your vaccination.

So,there is no need to be worried if you mistakenly took whiskey after hepatitis b vaccine.

Dr.Sandip Kabra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar