What are the repercussions of accidental overdose of Buspirone?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I accidentally took a double dose of visibility and busprone 4 hours apart what should I do
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Usually buspirone 10-12mg in total doesn't hurt but still tell me your mgs.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

I couldn't get what is visbility? please explain it, and I would also want to know how many mgs of buspiron have you taken in total? usually it shouldn't cause a problem but I would like to know detail of mg and if you can explain what is visibility in this question.

waiting for yiur repsonse

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 4 minutes later
Sorry auto correct it was supposed to say lisinopril 10mg and I take 1 15mg of buspirone divided in half a day

So I took my normal dose and then took another 4 hours later cause I had forgotten I had taken it already so 20mg of lisinopril and 1and a half busprone 15 mg today
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Here is what can happen .

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for ariting back quick, buspirone isn't a problem some people even take 60mg dose a day , so taking a bit more than usual wont effect you much.

But lisinopril may make your BP fall if basline BP isn't much high. And it's a long acting drug so you can't expect it's effects going away sooner if it lowers your BP, Keep checking your BP every half hour, if it reaches 100 systolic , do drink some electrolyte replacement like getorade, if it keeps falling and goes below 100 do visit an emergency department for ckose observation.

Bp above 90 is safe and lisinporil can only do this thing that it can make your BP fall..other problem you can face is postural drop, that you might fleed dizzy or blacked out if you stand from lying or sitting position, so lie down on bed, ask somebody around you to be there if you need to visit and emergency they can drive you there. If your BP doesnt fall below 100 then stay at home and wait for effects to go... taking salted water and a cup of coffeee can help compensate lowered BP.

Best regards.

Dr.Ahmad