What are the repercussions of accidental intake of Comfort fabric conditioner by a child?
Wait and watch.
Thanks for your query.
There are no standard antidotes against the chemicals contained in Comfort fabric conditioner. So the management would be symptomatic. As of now, the child is asymptomatic. Check his chest movements. If it seems fine, I would insist you to wait and watch. Abdominal pain and diarrhea are the likely outcomes. However, they would not essentially occur. If anything untoward seems to be occurring, be sure to rush him to the emergency department of a hospital with paediatric facilities.
Let me know if I could help further.
Feel free to give ORS.
Pardon me for the inadvertent delay in responding. You should definitely give ORS and plenty of fluids to drink. Continue to give normal food/diet. It would be preferable to avoid external milk for the time being (breast milk can be given).
It is optional to give Bestozyme.
let me know if you have any further queries. I would try to promptly respond.
Dr. Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drinking fabric conditioner
- What should be done for accidental intake of lotrel
- Accidental intake on lipitor niaspan and carvedilol what to do
- What are the side effects of accidental intake of plastic
- Accidental intake of pain relieving cream what to do
- My baby drank fabric conditioner
- Effects of drinking fabric conditioner
- What if a child accidentally ingests xanax
- Son has drank fabric conditioner
- Accidental intake of blood pressure medication what to do
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever