question-icon

What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of phenyl?

default
Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: Almost 20ml phenyl went inside.
How to cure ..please suggest. The throat got swell little. She is my wife ,age 26. She has not yet vomitted. I gave her salt water .plz suggest some medicine for immediate recovery. As we stay in rural area and no ER nearby
doctor
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D (11 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Rush to hospital.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXX.

The first thing to do now is to give her plenty of water.

And rush to the nearest hospital that is open 24 hours.

Phenyl can cause severe inflammation of the stomach and esophagus, and needs to be removed as much as possible.

This is an emergency, and can not be taken lightly.

So please take your wife to the hospital right now.

I can answer your questions once everything is settled down.

Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Yogesh D

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 1049 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of phenyl?

Brief Answer: Rush to hospital. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr XXXXX. The first thing to do now is to give her plenty of water. And rush to the nearest hospital that is open 24 hours. Phenyl can cause severe inflammation of the stomach and esophagus, and needs to be removed as much as possible. This is an emergency, and can not be taken lightly. So please take your wife to the hospital right now. I can answer your questions once everything is settled down. Regards