What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of mosquito repellent liquid?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Accident and Emergency
Question: My friend sprayed the misquote liquid in her mouth , what should I do immediately to recover?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wash and rinse the mouth thoroughly.

Detailed Answer:
Spraying mosquito liquid in the mouth is not fatal. To remove the effects, wash and rinse the mouth thoroughly with fresh water. If there is any irritation in the throat then warm saline gargles can help in removing the traces of the liquid.
It can only cause a minor gastric disturbance. There is no need to worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal