What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of Vetoryl?
may not experience any significant effects
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Vetoryl is used for the treatment of hyperadernocortism in dogs, this refers to the presence of increased levels of a certain hormone.
It is used to suppress the levels of this hormone. It would do the same for you but since only one dose was used the effect, if any occurs, would be short lived.
The actual drug name is trilostane. It was previously used in humans but this was discontinued.
The half life of the medication is 8 hours, the half life is the time taken for the medication to decrease by half.
It takes 3 or 5 half lives for medication to be completely eliminated.
This means that it would be eliminated in 24 to 40 hours.
It can cause diarrhea, stomach cramps, aching muscles, headaches, nausea, flushing, increased salivation, dizziness, bloating.
These are more common with long term use.
You may not experience any of these effects.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Child accidental ingestion of xanax
- Kid accidentally ingested xanax
- What to do if accidental ingestion of calamine lotion
- What to do after accidental vetprofen ingestion
- Oxyelite pro accidental ingestion
- Accidentally ingested aspirin pregnancy
- Microgynon accidental ingestion of a child
- Child accidentally ingested kerosene what to do
- Accidental amoxicillin ingestion
- What if a child accidentally ingests xanax
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...