question-icon

What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of Pepto-Bismol?

default
Posted on Wed, 14 Jun 2017
Question: My son ingested by mouth pepto-bismol less than 5 ml if I could take a wild guess. I'm so worried. What should I do or expect?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga (4 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Considerations.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for the query.

There should be virtually no problem with ingestion of such a limited amount of pepto Bismol. This should be in no way toxic to your child at his age.

There may be a small possibility of constipation but I would consider this very unlikely.

Thank you again for sending the query.

Suncerely,

Dr Galamaga

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 2636 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of Pepto-Bismol?

Brief Answer: Considerations. Detailed Answer: Hello and thanks for the query. There should be virtually no problem with ingestion of such a limited amount of pepto Bismol. This should be in no way toxic to your child at his age. There may be a small possibility of constipation but I would consider this very unlikely. Thank you again for sending the query. Suncerely, Dr Galamaga