Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

157 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of Lysol disinfectant liquid?

Answered by
Dr. Ivo Ditah

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 3918 Questions

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I'm accidentally swallowed Lysol disinfectant, what should I do
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Much volume or small volumes?

Detailed Answer:

Am so sorry to hear about this.

If you swallowed small volumes, stay calm and relaxed, Rinse the mouth thoroughly with clean yap water. If you feel any pains swallowing spittle, please report to the hospital immediately.

If the volume is much, please go to the ER immediately and get helped. rinsing the mouth with much water is also recommended.

I wish you well and let me know what you plan doing. if there are any other issues, kindly state them to me for more insights and guidance.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on