• question-icon

What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of All-out-liquid?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Child Health
Question: My niece had drunk 1 bottle of all-out liquid. We rushed to hospital immediately. There doctors washed her stomach and was admitted in the hospital for 2 days. After coming back from hospital, she is complaining about chest pain. She is always crying. Can anyone tell me what should we do? What type of specialist we need to consult.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be due to gastric irritation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concerns. It seems that the mosquito repellant liquid, the stress involved as well as the procedure of stomach wash have led to gastric irritation leading to excess acid secretion and the resultant heartburn which is the cause of her crying out due to chest pain. You need to give her antacids as of now. Also give Lanzol junior 15 mg (lansoprazole) once daily before breakfast for the next few days. I hope that she would get relief.

If you are to see a specialist, you need to see a pediatric gastroenterologist. If one is not available, seeing a pediatrician or a gastroenterologist should suffice.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician