What are the repercussions of accidental double dosage of Losartan?

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I take 100 mg of losartin once per day before breakfast. I mistakenly just took another dosage of losartin which is about 12 hours since my morning dosage. Should I be concerned? Should I take my dosage again in the morning or should I skip a day?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry.Monitor Your Blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Maximum recommended dose is 100 mg per day. By accidentally if you had taken double dose,don't worry it is not that dangerous.

It may reduces your blood pressure more than the normal and you may feel dizziness.

Drink plenty of water/fluids. otherwise you may feel dehydrated.There will be no serious problem.

I recommend to monitor blood pressure for 10-12 hours.If it is normal take your usual dose of tablet.If your BP is low, then skip for that time and start with the usual schedule from next morning.

If you have any doubt, you are welcome.otherwise kindly close thread and rate it

Thank you
Dr Priyanka G Raj

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj