What are the repercussions after accidental ingestion of mosquito repellent cream?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Accidentally swallowed odomos cream immediately. rinsed mouth any harmful effect and precaution to be taken.actually thought it was toothpaste and rinsed my mouth and then immediately spat it out and washed my mouth
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 19 minutes later
Brief answer...nothing should happen
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your concern.
I don't think anything harmful would occur to you since the amount taken in mouth was small and which was spat out immediately. Even if some amount has been swallowed,it shouldn't cause any problem because of minuscule amount.
However in case you feel anxiety or palpitation or sweating or any other untoward symptom,then you may think of going to the emergency ward of nearby hospital.
Drink a glass of chilled milk to counter any swallowed amount.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further  query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hi thnks for feedback this incident happened at 6 am had lots of water after that and a glass of cold chaas around 12 pm and tea and biscuits.

I have had some body pains mainlyadound the legs lower side ......neck and a burning sensation in the eyes since last 1 hr mebbe due to strain as I had to wake up at 5 am due to a family emergency.

No other adverse senstions...let me know if any further medications or feedback required .
Regards NJ
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
it is already 8 hours since you swallowed it. I think you are all right.
Just wait and watch.
Nothing else to be done at the moment.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj