What are the reasons behind frequent and easy inflammation of the muscles?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi Dr,

Could you please let me know of possible reasons (diseases, conditions) why one would extremely easily get muscle inflammations (burning pain in muscles lasting for days or weeks) from doing simple daily activities such as lifting a frying pan wheen cooking or just wearing a coat.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
clinical assessment and investigations may help

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX
The frequent and easy inflammation of the muscles can be due to the general hyperexcitability of the muscle tissue secondary to nutritional disorders and wasting.
It can be due to electrolyte imbalance, deficiency of potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphate etc or it can be due to general disorder like neuropathy secondary to vitamin B complex deficiency state. There are certain congenital disorders which affect the functioning of muscles and produce similar rawness of muscles. The best way to diagnose the problem is to get evaluated by a local physician and get physical examination and clinical assessment.
To start with a complete blood count, renal function test, liver function test, creatine phosphokinase ice CPK levels and serum electrolyte measurement as advised earlier would be a good guide.
I hope the advice will be helpful for you.