What are the prescription drugs that cause diarrhea as a side effect?

Dr. Rovena Murati

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What prescription drugs cause diarrhea?
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nearly all medicines may cause diarrhea.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir!

I had gone through your query.

There is a long list of drugs that can cause diarrhea as a side effect.Nearly all medicines may cause diarrhea as a side effect.

Most common drugs that can cause diarrhea include:
-Laxatives
-Antibiotics
-Drugs used to treat heartburn and stomach ulcers, such as omeprazole , esomeprazole , lansoprazole,ranitidine (Zantac), antiacids .
-NSAIDs (non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
-Antidepressants
-Medicines used to treat cancer (chemotherapy).

It would be much more easier if you tell me the drugs you are taking so I can say if diarrhea is a side effect of one of these drugs.
Also it would be helpful if you provide more information about your diarrhea :
-When did it start?
-The frequency and the consistency of diarrhea?
-Do you have any additional symptom like abdominal pain,fever,nausea ,vomiting etc?

Waiting for your reply.

Regards!

Dr.Rovena Murati