What are the precautions to be taken during pregnancy?

Question
my wife is pregnant. just tested at home...6 wks..please suggest next step....
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Congrats to start a new phase of life.
Early pregnancy has to be handles with a lot of care of small things which make a big effects.
You should -
- visit a gynecologist for booking of pregnancy
- start taking folic acid tablet
- avoid doing heavy work like lifting a bucket full of water or a pile of books or clothes.
- routine household chores can be continued as before.
- adequate rest of at least 7-8 hours at night and if possible 1-2 hours in day
- small frequent meals which should include healthy stuff like milk, sprouts, cheese, soya, green leafy vegetables and fruits.
- almonds, pine nuts and walnuts are very good for her
- drink a lot of water
- she should avoid climbing stairs at a fast pace.
- an ultrasound and blood investigations in next week so as to screen for certain things which is a routine in all pregnant women
- keep a regular follow up with your gynecologist as advised by her.
Take care and wish you a healthy baby soon.
In case you have other questions you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain

Follow-up: What are the precautions to be taken during pregnancy? 1 hour later
is there any gyno you suggest. .I stay in ramamurthynagar. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Local gynecologist is the best

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, in my opinion it will be best if you get her booked with some nearby gynecologist in ranthambore itself so that it is convenient to both of you because you will need to visit her every month at least and weekly basis in last month.
In case everything stays normal then any qualified gynecologist is competent enough to manage a normally progressing pregnancy.
In case she will feel like referring you for any issue she will guide you the best.
All the best.

Follow-up: What are the precautions to be taken during pregnancy? 2 days later
hi ..I have done the blood test during my wife pregnancy. she is in 7 wks pregnancy. can you please check glucose fasting level..which is 96.27...

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
all reports are normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXXX, all her reports are normal.
All reports are with in limits.
Normal fasting sugar should be less than 105 mg/dl and thus she has it in normal limits.

Follow-up: What are the precautions to be taken during pregnancy? 33 hours later
Thanks Doctor. ..she is having morning sickness. .she is tired. .is all the symptoms are normal? can you please advice if she can go for the morning walk at this stage...just 7 week over today. ...

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
alright to go for walk.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, yes all these symptoms of tiredness and morning sickness are part and parcel of pregnancy.
But still take good care of her diet and rest so as to have a healthy mother and healthy baby.
She can go for walk daily, no problem in simple walking but ask her not to be brisk and take rest whenever she feels tired.
Everything will be fine.