What Are The Precautions To Be Taken Against Swine Flu?
Swine flu prevention measures
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Please read the following information to understand Swine flu and prevent it's spread.
Swine Flu & Flu Awareness Facts...
The only portals of entry are the nostrils and mouth/throat.
While you are still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1(technical name of Swine flu) infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, some very simple steps are...
1. Frequent hand-washing.
2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face (unless you want to eat, bathe).
3. * Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don't trust salt)... * H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/ nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.
4. * Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits). * If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.
5. * Drink as much of warm liquids (tea, coffee, etc) as you can. * Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.
6. *Cough with your nose and mouth covered with cotton hanky...and keep a distance of one meter from others when coughing and sneezing...
7. *Swine flu is like fire inside...
If any symptoms, observe above measures and visit a Specialist Physician asap.
Please circulate it to your near & dear to protect them of this health menace.
8. If at high risk area, you can get vaccination for the swine flu. If had a close contact then consult a local physician,you may need prophylactic Oseltamivir tablet.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.