question-icon

What are the possible repercussions of hitting forehead on a fireplace mantel?

Posted on Thu, 28 Jul 2016
Question: I bent over to pick something up and hit my forehead on sharp corner of fireplace mantel. I wasn't knocked out, saw a few stars. I've been holding ice pack on it. I am a 69 year old woman in good health
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Monitor only for now!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this accident knock you got on your head. I will suggest you take tylenol for pain and continue with the ice packs. Monitor for severe headaches only and there is no need to seek for further medical attention at this time. If you develop serve headaches, only at that time should you seek for more care.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.

Dr. Ivo Ditah