question-icon

What are the possible causes of itchy red rashes on the face of an infant?

Posted on Fri, 7 Sep 2018
Question: My 6 month old grand has fine red bumps all over his face that seems to be itching. What are the possible causes. Rash appears to be getting worse.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Endogenous eczema or seborrhoeic dermatitis, upload pics, answer few questions.

Detailed Answer:

According to your complaints, it could be either endogenous eczema or seborrhoeic dermatitis.

Is your grand child having dry skin or dandruff?
Is there any family history of eczema, allergic rhinitis or asthma?

If possible upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney,
Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist