What are the normal blood sugar levels?
Fasting sugar < 100 mg/dl, after food less than 140 mg/dl
Welcome to HCM. I had gone through your question and understand your concerns.
There are 3 situations regarding blood sugars - Normal, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes
Fasting blood sugar : 70-99 mg/dl ( 3.9 - 5.6 mmol/L)
2hour after food : 80- 139 mg/dl ( 4.4 - 7.8 mmol/L )
HbA1c ( 3 months' average blood sugar) : less than 5.7%
Pre- diabetes (at risk of developing diabetes)
Fasting blood sugar : 100-125 mg/dl ( 5.6 - 6.9 mmol/L)
2hour after food : 140-199 mg/dl ( 7.8 - 11 mmol/L)
HbA1c : 5.7 - 6.4 %
Fasting blood sugar : 126 mg/dl (7 mmol/L) and above
2hour after food : 200 mg/dl ( 11 mmol/L) and above
HbA1c : 6.5 % and above
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Dr Ajish TP
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Normal blood sugar levels range
- Normal adolescent blood sugar level
- Normal blood sugar levels for men
- Normal random blood sugar levels
- Normal infant blood sugar levels
- What are normal sugar levels
- What is the normal blood sugar level for a 15 year old non diabetic
- What is the normal blood sugar level for diabetics type 2 fastingwhat if it was 58
- Normal blood sugar level for newborn
- What is the normal blood sugar level for a healthy person
- Suggest remedy for stress induced diabetes
- Does thyroid induce sudden weight gain during pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for severe cold and chronic pain in lower back
- Suggest treatment for hashimotos thyroiditis
- What does light vaginal bleeding post Mifegest kit usage indicate?
- Suggest dosage of Eltroxine with TSH level of 10
- Suggest treatment for hypothyroidism
- Suggest ways to maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- What causes low blood sugar level?
- What causes swollen lymph nodes on neck with normal CT scan?