What are the normal blood sugar levels during pregnancy?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: hello doctor, I am gestational diabetic patient with no family history of diabetes, and 24 weeks pregnant. my age is 27. I am taking insulin. our doctor asked me to take the test three days once by using accu check glucometer. she asked me to take the test one and half an hours after meal. she told sugar level should not go beyond 140 after one and half hours meal. but by checking the internet I found that it should below 130 one hour after meal. I want to know which is the normal level.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
GDM CONTROL

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
According to the IADPSG criteria , OGTT with 75 gm glucose, levels should be as follows,
fasting=92
1 hr= 180
2 hr= 153 mg /dl.
If any one of the values are raised then you are gestational diabetic.
Ideally after insulin therapy , it is always 2hr post meal value which is taken under consideration and the levels should be less than 130mg/dl.
Else the dose of insulin would have to be adjusted.
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist