What are the most common withdrawal symptoms of adderal?

Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Question: I'm curious what the most common withdrawal symptoms are when/if I were to stop taking the Adderral my Dr. has prescribed me? Thank you for any input you can provide. It's easier to know what to expect than to start feeling strange & not knowing why.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 38 minutes later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. Adderal is an amphetamine medication and thus stimulant of the nervous system; withdrawal symptoms are usually the opposite of those related to drug effect: irritability, somnolence, fatigue, depressed mood, changes in appetite, loss of energy and sexual drive, impaired concentration. You should be in close communication with your provider if some of these are severe as you might need additional medical guidance.

Hope this is helpful, wish you the best health,

Dr Brenes-Salazar
Mayo Clinic Rochester
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E