Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What are the medical option for treating moderately severe narrowing in the LAD?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2254 Questions
I have just had an angiogram which show moderately severe narrowing in the LAD (more than one). What are the medical options open to me to treat this condition?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the sugestion below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your concern and would like to say: - Depending from the localisation of the narrowing in the LAD and from their numbers are two optional choice. 1. Coronary Angioplasty and stents (percutaneous coronary intervention, PCI). 2. Coronary artery Bypass graft surgery (CABG, heart bypass, bypass surgery). But I have to say that the choice (which strategy is the best for you) should be based on the angiography results. If it's possible to you can I have the results of angiography, so I will be able to suggest the proper strategy. - However what's option is choose, there are two more cornerstone in the treatment of Ischemic heart disease. This are important in decreasing mortality rates and increasing quality of life. Their positive effect is essential before and after intervention. 1. Change in life style. 2. Proper medical therapy. So I strongly recommend a healthy life style and a proper cardiac medication including; Betablockers, aspirin, statins, ACE-i. Looking forward to have the results as requested. Dr.Benard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor