What are the health hazards of not eating food on time?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 5 Oct 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello doctor, what can be the effect of eating late?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can make you prone to diseases.

Detailed Answer:

A person who takes food late at night are highly prone to having acid peptic disorder and reflux disease as compared to normal persons.

Secondly, when you sleep blood supply to your gut increases, which help gut to digest food properly. When you eat late night meals and do not follow the natural sleep cycle, you are prone to suffer from problems like bloating belching indigestion etc.. It even makes you prone to have irritable bowel disease in the future.

Increase in body fat and abdominal fat is usually seen in people who eat their meals late night as a woman, your body fat should not be more than 25% because it puts you at risk of having heart and other problems in future.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana