What are the health hazards of discontinuing Insulin during pregnancy?
There is need for counseling.
Thanks for choosing HCM.
Noted your concern.
Skipping insulin leading to uncontrolled blood sugar levels in pregnancy is not advisable in any circumstances.
There is need to understand her concerns about not taking insulin.
Need to discuss with her about method of insulin injections, effects of uncontrolled blood sugar levels on pregnancy and her baby.
If she is really want to avoid insulin there is need to discuss alternative options with there effects and side effects.
You and other family members should encourage her for taking insulin, learn insulin injection techniques observe her while taking insulin, remind her about insulin doses.
Counselling by her treating obstetrician and diabetologist will have significant impact.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Abhay Mali.
Proper Insulin injection technique need to be ensured.
In her case there is a need of
- Examination site of insulin injection.
- Assessment of proper insulin injection technique and if required correction of insulin injection technique by expert (her diabetologist).
- Also along with herself some body else from the family need to be trained in insulin injection technique.
The ill effect of uncontrolled blood sugar on pregnancy and baby depends on levels of uncontrolled blood sugar and duration of exposure.
Don't be panic about effect of uncontrolled blood sugar level at this point of time.
Consult her treating diabetologist for better assessment and help immediately.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking insulin during pregnancy
- Prozinc insulin discontinued
- Pregnancy insulin sliding scale
- Insulin requirement during pregnancy graph
- Pzi insulin discontinued
- Insulin sliding scale during pregnancy
- What are the side effects of insulin isophane and insulin regular?
- Insulin injection pregnancy fetus
- Lente insulin discontinued
- Pork insulin discontinued