What are the health effects of mercury exposure?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
There is no reason to be concerned. Mercury when not vaporised cannot get into the blood system. If she had swallowed it, believe me it would have simply gone out with stool because the body cannot absorb it. Mercury is only harmful in the vaporised form. As a matter of fact, most dental fillings are done using mercury. If mercury was that poisonous in the form which is used in thermometers, we would have long taken these thermometers out of the market.
In all, there is no reason to get worried. There is no need to see a doctor.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mercury exposure to wound
- Mercury exposure side effects
- Mercury exposure to open wound
- Mercury health problems
- Auto immune thyroiditis related to mercury exposure
- Mercury exposure limits
- Mercury exposure and pregnancy
- Acute exposure to mercury
- Osha mercury exposure
- What are the health hazards with asbestos exposure