What are the health benefits of quitting smoking completely?
Many, health wise and social. Better nutritional s
Hi and thanks for the query,
Its interesting to note that you quit smoking completely, and have a very healthy life style especially with regards to exercise.
Not smoking has for sure, not ONLY immediate benefits, but long term benefits. Smoking is a major risk factor, especially, but not exclusively for lung cancer, but other common cancers like throat and stomach cancer. Not smoking greatly decreases chances of getting these cancers.
Breathing disorders like asthma and chronic bronchitis are aggravated by smoking. Quitting smoking spares you from this situation. Smoking is expensive, and some persons spend lots of money on cigarettes. Not smoking spares you again from indulging in other risky behaviors generally accompanying smoking like drinking.
It is important to note that smoking, in most persons causes dependence. Not smoking spares you from this and makes you save more time. In some persons, they experience loss of appetite when the smoke, feed poorly and generally have poorer nutritional status. Not smoking spares you from this.
The medical and social benefits of smoking are enormous as cited above. Feel free asking any further questions in case of need. Kind regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Should i quit smoking during pregnancy completely
- What would happen if you quit smoking meth
- What to expect when quitting smoking meth
- Benefits of quitting smoking after 1 week
- What is the benefits of quitting smoking
- What happens to the penis after quit smoking
- Quit smoking 6 weeks ago what to expect
- What is the effects of quitting smoking
- What is the best way to quit smoking permanently
- What is the fastest way to quit smoking
- 74 years old. Not getting proper sleep. What should I do?
- Scratching eye during sleep. How to get relief?
- Developed grooves in skull. Is this normal? What treatment should be done?
- Treatment for cough, breathing difficulty and chest tightness?
- Does antiviral ayurvedic medicine extend the window perioid of hiv?
- Is diltiazem and carzarc the same medicine for HBP?
- Noticed sore and swollen lymph nodes on neck. Should I be concerned?
- Took overdose of panadeines. Experiencing cough and fluttering in heart....
- Child has dark bruise on lower back. How to remove this?
- Is paranoia curable?