What are the foods to be taken while recovering from diarrhea?
can try the brat diet, also add soup, crackers, coconut water, potato
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
According to the history that you provided, you are currently using mashed banana and small pieces of bread, along with water, tea.
There is a diet called the ' brat diet '. This is a diet used to help persons recovering from a bout of diarrhea and vomiting.
It mainly consists of bland food. Once this is a tolerated, no diarrhea, no nausea, no vomiting in the 6 to 8 hours after eating, then you can start slightly varying the foods used.
Some persons use this diet for 24 hours then start other foods.
The diet consists of banana, rice, applesauce and toast. In addition to these foods you can also use crackers, clear soups, coconut water and boiled potatoes.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diarrhea late periods food poisoning what could it be
- Foods to reverse diarrhea
- What causes diarrhea immediately after taking food
- Vomiting diarrhea after eating chinese food what is it
- What food to avoid to minimize diarrhea
- Can imodium be taken for diarrhea
- Taken immodium dioralite for diarrhea feeling exhausted what was it
- What is diarrhea
- Food for diarrhea patient
- Diarrhea taken lomotil what to do