What are the findings in my thyroid test report?

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: MY THYRIOD REPORT SHOWS VALE AS UNDER . PLS. GIVE ME SUGESSTION

T3 - VALUE -15 - REF. RANGE 60- 200
T4- VALUE 12.7 - REF. RANGE 4.5 - 12.0
TSH - VALUE - 0.17 -REF. RANGE 0.3 - 5.5
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

I have seen your reports - it shows marginally high value of T4, T3 value is slightly low and even TSH is in lower range.

I will appreciate if you can scan and attach the reports.
These result of thyroid function needs to be correlated clinically, hence before any comment, I would like to know:
1) Are you known patient of thyroid disorder?
2) Is there is any history of any kind of medication?
3) Is there any swelling in front of neck?
4) What is your height and weight and any change in weight recently?
5) Any other investigation done like ultrasonography and any other information you want give?

Awaiting your response in order to understand your problem and help you accordingly

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad